Thursday 1 November 2018

Yummy Gummy Worms







As part of this terms Celebrations Unit, Room 4 recognised Halloween and had a great time making gummy worms from jello and cream. They needed to measure the ingredients and follow the mixing instructions very carefully. They used You Tube so they could re-wind the clip  to make sure they were getting things, just right.



Check out the link to see exactly what they did. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdl0I65_r-k

The final touch was a hefty sprinkle of crushed Oreo's to replicate soil. The fun was at the end during the tasting,

 but not all children were too keen. 







Pouring the mixture into the worm molds (the straws).










Ready for the fridge and the over night chill.



Into the fridge  they go.



The next day squeezing out the worms from the molds.







Now to add the crushed Oreo's









A plate full of worms!!



Now for the tasting.


Yummy Gummy Worms.



3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora, my name is Muddassir and I'm from Room 24 at Owairaka District School. I really liked your blog post about the worm and the crushed Oreos i really liked it, it looked like worms inside of soil. I remember doing something like this. Have you ever tried making it more purple instead of more orange the worm lolies.

    Thanks for sharing your
    learning. You should check out
    my blog

    https://odsahmads.blogspot.com/

    Blog you later

    (Muddassir)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora,

    My name is Yusuf and I'm from Room 24 at Owairaka District School. I really liked your blog post about the gummy worms and the crushed Oreos. It looked like worms inside of soil. I remember doing something like this when I was in Year 2. What was challenging about the crushed oreos and gummy worms?

    Thanks for sharing your learning. You should check out my blog.

    https://odsshiekal.blogspot.com/

    Blog you later
    Yusuf

    ReplyDelete